Wednesday, August 01, 2007

It's AUGUST!

Holy smokes! Where has the summer gone? Oh, yeah, I was "vacationing" in Canada with my family. Well, we're home now and trying to get back into the home routine groove. Still working on getting unpacked; I've got the suitcases unpacked and I'm still staring at my scrapping stuff. I'm feeling a touch lazy and not really wanting to delve into those items, but I think it's going to have to happen sooner than later. I'm finally getting the itch to scrap again but I need to get some new photos developed.

What's new here? Well, besides getting home Sunday afternoon and enduring the most hellish 2.5 hours driving between our last rest stop and home...not too much. The van is in the shop because somehow the right turn signal absolutely refused to disengage during our trip back. Thankfully, it was only the last 2.5 hours of the trip, but trust me, it was annoying as heck! The turn signal would go "click, click, click" the entire time and then the van's "security system" would start the "ding, ding, ding" to warn that the turn signal was still on. Well, we couldn't disengage the stupid thing so for the whole time we heard "click, click, click, ding, ding, ding, click, click, click, ding, ding, ding..." You get the idea. To drown it out, the music went insanely loud. Then we hit traffic. No idea why, but traffic there was. Oh, and then we hit torrential rains. Yes, sheets and sheets of rain, lightening and thunder. I was seriously beside myself , almost in tears between the noise (I'm very noise sensitive) and the backups that were causing us to stay in the van longer than we'd expected. I was so happy to see my house again!


Other than that, I'm waiting on the van to be fixed so I can get the kids some new sneakers for school, round out Maddy's uniforms and hopefully pick up a couple of items of clothing for me to start the new school year. I'm dying to peruse the Back to School Sales. I'm a sucker for new crayons, markers and pencils at this time of year. Brings back good memories.


There are only 19 days 'til I start back at work. :( Summer's almost over. Until then, though, I was toying with the idea of having a "Picture of the Day" for August. I'm going to do my best and see if I can manage it. Seems like the only month I don't have a million things to do where it might actually work.


Without further ado, the first picture of August:


My kids. Being fairly quiet. Oh my! Glad I took this picture this morning because it's about as quiet as I expect it will be from here on out! According to them, they are drawing me pictures for my birthday celebration. Only problem? My birthday isn't until October. I think they're just trying to get a leg up! ;)

No comments: