My day started off rather early (not a surprise as my children get up at the crack of dawn!) and we headed out for breakfast. We had dinner out last night after mass and going out for breakfast was a great treat!
Before we headed out for breakfast, though, there were cards to be read and presents to be opened. My cards were as sweet as the people who gave them to me. My gifts were simply fantastic.
My lovely husband got me these:

I love my hanging baskets. They add a beautiful splash of color to our front entrance. Last weekend he even dug out all my dead, yucky plants that we've had the past few years and put in two rose bushes and a rhodadendrum bush (ok, I know that's probably misspelled, but I'm too lazy to go verify the spelling right now!). Isn't he the best?
My lovely daughter made me this in art class:
Isn't it beautiful? I may use it as a planter. I'm not quite sure yet. Regardless, it will be given a place of honor in my house!
My boys' gift completely made my day, though. At Preschool, their teachers asked them a bunch of questions about me and they made a booklet with their replies. Here's what they each replied to the questions:
Q: My mother is__________
William: Francesca
John: Mommy
Q: She is about ______years old.
William: 30
John: 40 (ouch!)
Q: The best thing my mother cooks is________
William: macaroni and pot pie
John: macaroni
Q: I don't like it when she cooks me _______
William: brussel sprouts and raw carrots
John: asparagus
Q: She is funniest when she_______
William: tickles me
John: jokes
Q: She is prettiest when she ______
William: goes to church
John: had her wedding
Q: The nicest thing my mother does for me is_____
William: When she takes me for ice cream
John: take us for ice cream
Q: I know my mother lives me because______
William: she reads a story at bedtime and let's us watch TV a little
John: she takes care of me.
AWWWWWWW!!!!!
Happy Mother's Day everyone!




No comments:
Post a Comment