'cause we all know we need one, right?! ;)
- I have finally finished my "Studying Skillful Teaching Part 2" class as of yesterday. Whoohooo! I was so happy to submit my last two assignments. I'm only a little peeved at the instructor. One of my assignments was to watch an online video from a list of various teaching/teacher issues. He said to write a summary on an index card and that it shouldn't take longer than 15-20 minutes. Well, 41 minutes into the video I called B.S! I was not a happy camper, that's for sure. At least my last "experiment" is done and I'm hoping to hear I have passed the class in the next couple of weeks.
- I still haven't heard back about my correspondance class yet. I'm hoping to find out in the next couple of weeks seeing as the Spring submission deadline was May 1. I submitted late March..and they don't give grades until 4 ish weeks past the next submission deadline. ~sigh~ Oh well, it'll be here before I know it.
- I need to start my 2nd correspondance course. I'm hoping to have it in by the end of May even though I signed up for it in early April. I was going to start during Spring Break except the flake that I bought the textbook from on Amazon didn't send it until 2 weeks later. Not impressed. Then, life got nuts and poof! There went April. I am hoping to start thist week; we'll see how that goes!
- The planning for Madeleine's birthday party is going all "fast and furious". I have, thankfully, already purchased the stuff for the goody bags. I'm hoping next weekend I'll have a bit of time to actually work on a few crafty things for her party. My sister-in-law made the CUTEST Barbie dresses for the girls to decorate and also made them cute shawls to decorate. I swear I married into the best in-law family EVAH! Balloons have been ordered. We have a mish-mash of themes it seems. It's a Barbie Tea Party with a Hannah Montana twist. I'm just going with it even though it's not what I'd imagined. It's definitely what my almost-7 year old wants, and really, that's all that counts.
- We went to the May Crowning at school today. I swear I teared up seeing all the kids from the school process up the alter; especially the kids in their First Communion outfits. ~sniff~ My baby girl will be making her First Communion next year and I can't wait to go shopping for communion dresses! :D
- I have a ton of grading to do and I don't want to do it. Why? Mainly because I want to pull my hair out reading their stuff at this point in the year, but also because I have the Mt Everest of Laundry still not done and I want to KNIT! seeing as I signed up for...
- the Harry Potter Knitting and Crochet House Cup on Ravelry. Yes. I'm insane. Oh, and look! There's also a blog! I've signed up for Defense Against the Dark Arts class and Herbology this month. I'm not quite ready for the OWL assignments. Yes, I'm a geek. I freely admit that! LOL!
- Only 30ish days of school left! YES!!!!! I can't wait for summer vacation. I'm so, so, soooo ready as I'm sure most of the students are. It'll be nice to not wake up at 5 a.m. and have time for other endeavors; at least for a couple of months.
That's all I can think of that's "new and exciting" happening in my world. Have a happy week!


1 comment:
I hope you win the house cup!! Too funny. If I could figure out that "knitting thing" I'd join as well.
Post a Comment