Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Knitting

I have so many things I still need to post about. Namely Maddy's 7th birthday extravaganza; but that will have to wait until I actually have the time and energy to write all about it.

In the meantime, I figured I'd show off some of the knitting I've been doing in the evenings when I'm so totally brain dead it's all I can do to remember my name.

I've been knitting for the boys next year. They'll be heading to Kindergarten in September and they'll need a blanket for "rest time". Now, most normal parents would go out and just buy a simple fleece blanket, pop it in a bag and be done with it. But me? Nope, that's not good enough. I have to knit mine up...ya. I know, I'm crazy.

Anyway, I've finished with William's. It's red (of course--red, it's been his color since the day they were born) and the pattern is a simple basket weave. It may look complicated, but seriously, so very, very easy.





The second is what I like to call a "swirly curly" scarf. It twists and turns on itself. Surprisingly, it's very, very easy to do. I did most of this sitting in the car at traffic lights. Many thanks to Miss Sharona who showed me this easy peasy pattern. It's lots of fun to make!

These were also entered in the Harry Potter Knitting and Crochet House Cup group I'm in at Ravelry. I'm such a geek (~blush~). I'm officially a Hufflepuff. Hopefully I'll be able to earn my "House" some points. The blanket was my assignment for Herbology (create something for a Mandrake--blanket to keep it warm) and the scarf was for Defence Against the Dark Arts (create something protective--scarf to protect the neck from the bitter cold).

Anyway, gotta go. My boys have their last Preschool Concert tonight and I fear I will be fighting back the tears.

No comments: