I swear one day it will actually enter my thick skull that I don't have to be "super" at everything. Yet, no matter how many times I say that, I don't seem to learn. This is an example of good intentions getting away from me (actually, you could say the last couple of weekends have been!)
It really started on Thursday night when I got Maddy to ballet class. I had her packed for class and ready to go. We got there and I was pretty much summarily told that she was wearing the wrong everything. Yes, you read that correctly; her entire ballet outfit was wrong. She was wearing a pink leotard with an attached skirt, white tights and white ballet slippers (I couldn't find the pink ones I wanted to get her in her size). Well, she was supposed to be wearing a black leotard, pink tights and pink ballet slippers. Thank goodness she had her hair in a bun or I'd have felt like a total loser mom! Race home for dinner, bath and bed.
Friday, finish the work week and take the kids to the library after work. This was actually lots of fun...except Mr. William decided he needed to go use the restroom three times. OMGoodness, that child should thank his lucky stars because after the 2nd foray in the restroom, I was a touch ticked. By the third time I was totally ticked off. I guess it could have been worse...he could have actually soiled himself, but couldn't he have managed what he needed to do in one trip? I guess I should be thankful for small mercies!
Race towards home and realize I just do.not.have.the.energy.to.cook. Even though I had already decided what we were going to eat; actually getting it prepared was just too much for me on Friday. So...McDonald's it was (yeah, that's a cruddy mom for ya...total mommy guilt over that one!). Kids eat, I get myself ready for a "get together" that I have very little desire to attend.
Out the door into stormy weather to the get-together which actually turned out to be better than I'd expected...so much so I was an hour later getting home than I'd told my brother-in-law who was watching the kiddos. Yikes! Oh, and did I mention the kids were still up? Ya. I guess my proclamation of "get them to bed whenever" was taken literally. :S
Yesterday was just plain exhausting. We had to run all over creation it seemed to find Maddy's ballet things. When I finally got to the suggested store, it was pretty quick and painless. She was fitted for her slippers lickity split and her leotard and tights were quickly gathered up and paid for. The only issue was trying to get out of that city and back to the interstate. Seriously, people need to get the stupid signs up that actually point to where the heck the interstate is. Unfortunately for me, I ended up on the scenic tour instead of on the interstate for about a half an hour. The whole time the kids are trying to pump me for information: "Mommy...where are we? Where are we going? How long 'til we get there? Do you know where to go?" Uh, if I knew where to go, I'd be there already! Argh!
Finally we get home and I race around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to clean the house. On a side note, I seriously need someone to come in and clean my house; yesterday was so not fun! We have company coming over tonight and the house was a pit. Just a pitiful pit of a mess. So, off to scrub down the bathroom the kitchen counters, fridge, stove, microwave, dishwasher. Clear off the top of the dining room table which seems to act as a magnet for all things paper and junk. Sweep and wash the hardwood floors along with throwing in a couple of loads of laundry in between.
Oh, and then I had to get myself and the kiddos ready for church. Yes, we went to the 5 o'clock mass yesterday. Oh, and Robin was working. Nice. Wrangle the kids into their church clothes, get myself showered and presentable and head off to church. I spent the entire hours wrangling with one of the boys or listening to Maddy proclaim how bored she was because I had forgetten, in the chaos that ensued before we left the house, to bring along her church bag stuffed with books, toys and a snack. Nice. Mass couldn't have ended a second faster!
Then we went out. To a Japanese steak house. By then, I was so over the day I just wanted to crawl under the covers with a good book and veg out. That didn't happen. The evening was fine, but somehow I missed the message that it was only 50 degrees out last night and I wasn't wearing a jacket. I also wasn't wearing anything long sleeved or remotely warm. I was so glad to get home and collapse into bed.
Except that I actually had to get up this morning. So, up I got, fixed the kids some breakfast, looked over the sales fliers and made up my grocery list and out I was shopping. Got home an hour and a half later and started lugging and putting all the groceries away 'cause Robin was showering.
From 10 a.m until 2:30 p.m. I managed to do the following:
1. Make dozen banana bread muffins to use up the over ripe bananas I had
2. Make two apple crisps to use up some apples that were getting too soft and mushy to eat (I like crisp, firm apples)
3. Prep the chicken I'll be serving to guests tonight for dinner
4. Prepped the potatoes for the mashed potatoes we'll be having along with the chicken
5. Trimmed green beans I picked up at the grocery store this morning for dinner
6. Cut up 3 bell peppers for lunches/dinner veggies this week
7. Cut up two cantaloupes for lunches/snacks this week
8. Made guacemole for a snack tonight before dinner
9. Cleaned and froze some ripe tomatoes. I'll use these this coming winter in stews, soups etc. that call for diced tomatoes. I freeze the tomatoes whole on a cookie sheet. Once they're frozen, I pop them into a freezer bag and put them in the deep freezer until I need them.
10. Cleaned up my kitchen about 100 times.
Now I'm waiting on our guests to arrive; and all I want to do is go to bed. Please, tell Super Woman to leave me ALONE! Ugh!
Sunday, September 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Oh, crap!! So there is no such thing as Super Woman??!! I've been knocking myself out for nothing all these years??!! {thud...}
P.S. You're amazing!! You deserve a huge pat on the back. Along with a g/c for a massage!!
~ Cyn <3
I hope you get a day off soon!
i'm exhausted from reading about it all! ha!
Post a Comment