Saturday, February 24, 2007

I feel so old

and out of the loop technology wise! I went to the gym today and brought along my cd player. Apparently I'm about 10 years behind the times with technology. I think I only saw one other person with a cd player/walkman...and she was at least in her 50's (not that being 50 is old, but still!). Ack! I can't believe how much has changed. I was hoping I could avoid having to jump in the I-pod jungle, but I think I just may have to at some point.

I think I've decided that I'll set some money aside each week to get an I-pod after Lent is over. Hopefully, by then, my gym rat days will have solidified and I will actually have a good reason for owning one. My workouts go so much easier with some good music. I just hate feeling like I got left back in 1999! ;)

On a happier note, I experienced what has been referred to as "runner's high" today. I went to the gym and hopped on the treadmill. I decided I'd do 30 minutes and see how I felt. I was ok up to 15 minutes, but by 25 I wanted to get off and leave. I was getting to the cranky stage of my workout. I made it to 30 minutes and decided to just aim for 5 more minutes. Before I knew it, I was in this "high". I felt so empowered . I rocked my workout! lol. I felt like I could go on forever. I got to 1 whole hour on the treadmill! That's a monumental hurdle for me. I never believed I could go that long, not want to die at the end and....actually look forward to my next workout. Scarey stuff! ;)

So, to recap the week, I managed to work out three times this week. I walked about 5ish miles over those 3 workouts and did 2 weight workouts. Not a bad start. Only time will tell how it plays out!

3 comments:

Crafty P said...

Congrats on the major accomplishment! You rock.

Okay, ipod. I'm so behind with this, too, and I'm 30. So, we're in that 'behind the technology' thing together there. I'd love an ipod, but there are more pressing things, always.
Make a list of all the things you really want/need and see if after Lent you still really need/want them.

Cynthia said...

Hello?????!!!!!! I *am* almost 50 and even *I* have an iPod!!!! lmao!! You girls better get with the times!! ;) I actually have an iPod Shuffle, which I absolutely *love*!! Sometimes, I do wish it held more songs and that I could scroll to a specific song (there is no display on the Shuffle because it's so small), but all that is mitigated by the size (ever so teeny-tiny!) and the fact that it clips to whatever item of clothing I'm wearing!! Love, love, love it! And wouldn't ya know that right after I got mine for Christmas, they came out with them in colors! I so would have gotten a color!

Great job on working out, F!!! I'm so friggin' proud of you, girl!! Now, I just have to get you caught up with the techie things!! And, *please* don't let me read about 50-year olds in your blog again!! lmao (note: I'm already acting like I'm 50, so two years from now, it won't be as big of a shock)

Sorry for the babbling on your blog....I'm finally heading to bed after getting home from work a couple of hours ago.......ttyl! <3

~ Cyn <3

Anonymous said...

Way to go on your working out, F! You're doing great! I too love, love, love my iPod for my treadmill workouts. There are less expensive mp3 options out there too if you decide after lent to break into the 21st century. ;o)

Keep up the great work!