Sunday, February 11, 2007

My Busy Valentines...

Well, looks like Wednesday is Valentine's Day. I can't say I'm a huge fan, but I'm perfectly ok with receiving some chocolates or flowers and/or a sweet card from my lovely husband. I don't really care either way as I'm past they "hype" of the whole "holiday". I guess it's nice to have an official day to recognize and tell your love that you truly love them, but I think it's more appropriate for that to happen on a daily basis in the little things you do and say.

Anyway...Maddy's class will be having a little Valentine's party at preschool on Wednesday and she was asked to bring in some cards to share with her friends.


Here's my big girl printing her name on her Strawberry Shortcake valentines. I wish I could get her to grip the pen correctly, but otherwise, she did a great job printing her name on 18 valentines!
William and John decided they needed in on the valentine writng act as well. So, they got a card to "sign" for their daycare providers. Their signatures are more of what Maddy likes to call "scribble scrabble", but it was cute seeing how earnest they were about "writing" on their cards.

2 comments:

kimberly/tippytoes said...

At least the Valentine's crafts keep them busy for a little while. That's the high point here for me, at least! I think Clover has the pants that match Maddy's shirt...ballerinas from Gymboree?

Miss French Jessica said...

Yep, Kimberly...Ballerinas from Gymboree. Couldn't resist when I saw them and Maddy is soooo into ballet/dance. :)