Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I'm a Copy Cat.


I recently visited my friend Christina's blog. She recently posted a scrapbook layout she did that I just fell in love with. It's just so beautiful, serene and tranquil. I love how she did it. So. I copied her.

This is my rendition of her beautiful work:


I apologize for the cruddy quality of the photo. I've yet to learn to scan and stitch my 12x12 layouts on my 8x10 scanner bed. I'll figure it out eventually, but for now, this is the best I've got. If I could figure out how to turn the flash off of my point and shoot camera, the picture may have had less glare and you probably would have seen a whole lot more. The title/quote for this layout is "Come cuddle your head on my shoulder,dear. Your head like the golden-rod, and we will go sailing away from here to the beautiful Land of Nod." by Ella Wheeler Wilcox. You can barely see the words at the top of the layout, but I used my Sizzex dies to cut out all the words. What a pain. It turned out beautifully, but it seriously took me hours to get them cut out, run through the Xycron and then onto the page. I doubt I'll be doing it again soon! ;)

I also seemed to have gotten my scrapping mojo back this past weekend. Here are a couple more layouts I worked on. Much of my work this past weekend was inspired by the layouts/sketches in the Creating Keepsakes Top Ten Issue as well as the March issue of Simple Scrapbooks.


3 comments:

Crafty P said...

AHHHH, lOve it!!!! You're so cute.

Now, do you have panorama maker on your computer? that's how I do it anymore. someone "fixed" my computer at one point and lost my stitching program and then I found out I had this awesome panorama maker and photo impressions. They make it all much easier.

You are a scrappin' queen!!!

Miss French Jessica said...

How would I find panorama maker? I have no idea what I have on my computer.
:S Thanks for the compliment and the inspiration! :)

Crafty P said...

hmmm, not sure where you'd find it. I happened upon it on mine. Maybe just searching through your programs to see if it's there. we've had our computer 6 years now and I only found it last year!
Maybe check your start-up discs as well.

you're welcome :)