We had planned to take the kids out on the 13th for our Valentine's dinner (Robin's idea, I was happy just being home!), but with the not so fun weather, we stayed home and ordered in pizza. How...fun? Ugh, I would have rather made dinner, but Robin insisted up to the last minute we'd be able to go out, so I didn't make anything. By the time he relented and realized he does not control the weather or the roads, it was really too late for much other than pizza. So...pizza it was. The kids were over the moon. We haven't ordered in or had take out since way before Christmas. Pizza with extra cheese was perfection as far as they were concerned and they gobbled up almost a whole large extra cheese pizza all by themselves!
On Valentine's, my sweet valentine got up with the kiddos and made them waffles while I slept in 'til 8:30. Ahh...sweet bliss. Unfortuantely, he then tried for the second time that morning to go to work. The first time he left around 5:30 a.m. to get in, but the roads and the weather were still not good. So, he came home and then left again around 9:30 a.m. :( Oh, well. He was, thankfully, just fine.
That night he got home with these for me:
A card from him, a card from the kids, a chocolate bunny (small one that I ate already!) and my pretty chocolate long stem rose!
It's almost too pretty to eat, no? But, I think I will sacrifice the aesthetic and dig in later today...hopefully once John stops his belly-aching about taking a nap and Maddy decides she should have some down time alone in her room. Ah, that would be the perfect time to indulge in my lovely chocolate rose.Oh, and I did get crafty for my Valentine. I made him this card:
I've never made a card before, so it was...interesting. There are a bunch of questions I need to ask expert card makers, but overall this was easy enough. He loved that I actually made it. Awww...so sweet.
Hope your Valentine's Day was sweet and wonderful!


No comments:
Post a Comment