Saturday, March 03, 2007

FINALLY!!

After following Dave Ramsey's financial plan for almost 3 months, we have finally completed Baby Step One of the plan. Our Emergency Fund is fully funded!!! What a relief. We now have money in case something terrible happens. So, if the car dies or needs a repair, we have the money to do it and not charge it. If there's an emergency, we don't have to charge it or postpone taking care of it because we don't have the funds. I'm so very relieved. I really was starting to think we'd never get there.

Robin's in the shower as we speak and will be headed to the bank straight away to transfer the money from our savings and checking accounts into a new account that will be our Emergency Fund. I'm so very stoaked (is that how you spell it???). We have our mortgage paid off for the month, our sitter for the week, Maddy's preschool tuition, credit card bills that have come in as well as cable and a couple odd bills that came in this week like our subscription to the Sunday paper so I could get the coupons! ;)

Hopefully, we'll start being able to make larger payments on our other debts now that I know we have our Emergency Fund there. I'm looking forward to being debt free as soon as humanly possible.

I love Dave. Dave, YOU ROCK, MAN! :)

1 comment:

Mad Mad Mama said...

Way to go!!!!

Sarah :)