Friday, March 30, 2007

T -27 Hours...

and we'll be setting off for our Spring Break to Canada. We'll be going up to spend a week with my dad and my siblings. And I'm so.darn.tired. right now. I took the day off work today to clean my house. How completely pathetic. It was a pit. Really and truly, I haven't seen my house look this bad in a very long time.

I got up at 5 a.m. like usual. Got the kids up and ready for the day and dropped them off on schedule at the sitters by 6:30 like normal. I needed a day of uninterrupted cleaning time. If the kids had stayed home with me, it would have been a disaster. Firstly, because I would have had to take Maddy to preschool. Not that it's a bad thing for a mother to take her daughter to preschool, but the traffic at that time of day is horrific...and then I'd have to go back 2 hours later to pick her up...with the boys...Oh, and did I mention I pay my sitter extra to take her Monday-Wednesday-Friday? Ya...so, the week was paid for and I definitely needed all the time I could get today! Secondly, I knew if I kept the kids with me today, I'd be referring at least four fights, three squabbles, two temper tantrums and at least one all out meltdown. I'd also have had to stop for lunch and snacks.

Ya, so thankfully, I was alone the majority of the day and I managed to do the following:

  • do seven loads of laundry, fold them and put them away...this was a major accomplishment. Normally, the laundry gets washed, dried and folded...put away is a completely different ball of wax...rarely happens!
  • clean up the playroom (holy smokes, what a disaster zone that was!)
  • vacuum all downstairs (after I found the vacuum that had mysteriously disappeared...had to call Robin at work to locate it...:blush:)
  • while cleaning the playroom, sort toys to be donated or tossed out. Got rid of 4 large boxes plus one garbage bag full of 'stuff'. Salvation Army was happy to see me!
  • drive said donations to the Salvation Army
  • remake the beds with fresh sheets
  • rearrange all the furniture in my room
  • dust my room (my allergies are not thanking me right now...it was bad!)
  • rearrange Maddy's furniture
  • sweep and wash my hardwood floors and the kitchen and bathroom, including the stairs

Whew! I'm tired. I didn't quite get the bathrooms today, but they got a major scrubdown on Sunday and I'll get them in the morning before dropping Maddy off at ballet.

Now all I need to do is pack our suitcases for our trip. According to Robin, the suitcases are in the storage area under the stairs and "accessible". If by accessible he means stuffed behind all the various boxes full of Christmas stuff, then ya...they're accessible. I think I'll wait 'til he gets home tonight to tackle that.

Right now, I'm hoping my kiddos go down to sleep really soon. I'm tired and I need to just veg out. Robin's at work 'til 9:30 p.m and has to go back tomorrow from 7-3 or we'd already be on our way to Canada. These next 27 hours are going to be...tiring...

Happy Spring Break, everyone!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Egads! Well, enjoy your nice clean house - always so great to come home to clean!

kimberly/tippytoes said...

What a great way to leave for vacation. I hope everyone is having a great time.

Crafty P said...

WOW! now that's an accomplishment. Hope you're having a lovely time visiting. Have a blessed and happy Easter!