It's finally Friday!!! Yay! I'm so happy to have the weekend upon us. Ahhhh....it's been a very, very long week. I had meetings Monday, and Wednesday after school (staff and Foreign Language Resource Teacher/Department Head Meetings), and my class Thursday night. I made crêpe batter for our belated Mardi Gras celebrations. We were supposed to do it on Mardi Gras, but it was the day after President's Day and we'd been off the whole previous week because of the snow and ice we got. Because of that, I was unable to get the kids to commit to bringing anything to fill our yummy crêpes with, so we waited a couple of weeks, finished our unit on Food and celebrated with our delicious crêpes.
I made crêpes for over 100 kids...at least one crêpe per child. I made, I'm sure close to 200 crêpes due to the large number of crêpes that broke while trying to flip them! That's a lot of pancakes! The kids loved 'em and I was an utter disaster by the time I got my classroom cleaned up, packed up my griddle, utensils and bowl and picked up the kiddos. I was so darn tired I couldn't even eat dinner (although the six crêpes I ate over the course of the day certainly tided me over!). I fell asleep super early and have been a touch cranky all week because of it.
So..let's see. Monday was a cruddy staff meeting where we discussed the ins-and-outs of our stupid Standardized Testing (MSAs) that will begin on Monday for TWO STRAIGHT WEEKS! ~sigh~ What a pain in the patoot! Tuesday was Crazy Crêpe Day, Wednesday was "The Most Annoying F.L. Meeting Ever", Thurday was class. While not all bad, I completely blanked and didn't do my assignment...ACK! I'm so embarassed. Thankfully, the instructors are cool and are happy to receive it via email this weekend. And we finally, thankfully, arrive to Friday. YAY!!!!
This week was also the "Great Baby Week 2007"! Three teachers at my school became proud parents for the first time this week. Sunday, our 7/8th grade Math teacher became the proud mama to a little boy. Tuesday, my good friend Alicia, a Special Educator at my school became the proud mama to her little girl named Rhyannon Marie. And today our 8th grade math teacher became a proud papa to his first baby; a girl! No other details, but I'm sure they're in heaven right now with their new angels in their arms.
My good friend, Sharon, also had her third little miracle. Wednesday, March 7, she delivered a beautiful baby girl, Margaret Catherine, into the world. Baby Meg was 10 pounds 9 ounces and 21 inches long with some jet black hair. I can't wait to visit tomorrow and snuggle with a new born.
I miss the days of holding a sleeping newborn, but not enough to have anymore. I know my limit and while I love my children...they are my limit! :)
What a whirlwind of a week. Hopefully this weekend will give me a little breather and some time to be creative. Happy weekend, everyone! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
You must be the most popular teacher! No teacher ever cooked for any class that I had. One brought whiskey for herself, but that is another story...
Congratulations to Sharon from me!
Holy Heck, you have been busy! Hugs to you, and please send Sharon congratulations from me too!
Hugs,
Marissa
Please tell Sharon I said congratulations as well! What exciting news!
And the crepes sound delish!
Post a Comment