Ok, first I want to vent a minute. I'm craving ice cream. I've been craving ice cream for two days now. I have asked Robin to pick up some ice cream for me for two days now. I still have no ice cream, but I'm still craving it. Ugh! I want some ice cream. I am woman! Hear me whine! I think I'm more ticked that he was happy enough to go throw darts tonight, but too "tired" to get me some ice cream. I'm not happy. :(
Ok, onto happier news. I had Parent-Teacher Conferences at Maddy's school today. First of all, let me tell you HOW MUCH I ADORE HER TEACHER. Mrs. Rogers is probably THE most awesome preschool teacher anywhere on earth. She's so very in tune with the kids. She's so loving and kind with them. She knows how to gently lead them the way they need to go and is very good about how she disciplines the kids. She really does exemplify, to me, a Christ-like teacher.
Mrs. Rogers and I see pretty much eye-to-eye on Madeleine. We did not disagree on anything she noted. She sees my baby for all that she is; warts and all! ;) Thankfully, there aren't any huge warts. The biggest issue Maddy has is waiting her turn and not getting upset if she's not called on to answer questions. Maddy just wants to answer everything. One the positive end, that's great in my eyes. It tells me she's engaged in learning and is enthusiastic about being there and actually has something to contribute. On the negative side; she has to learn that it ain't all about her! LOL. She has a hard time understanding why she can't give her answer and I think she's almost offended that she wasn't asked to answer. Unfortunately, this upsets her to the point of crying in frustration. Ugh. It's something we'll have to work on. Hopefully she'll mature her way out of it! ;)
On the very positive end of things, she's a very bright girl. She has great fine motor skills and loves art and creating and sharing her masterpieces. She's got a great memory and a great vocabulary. She's able to lead others, follow directions, she's able to make friends and keep them and has no trouble moving between peer groups. She also has learned to ride a bike! Ok, well, it's really a trike, but still! She wouldn't even attempt to pedal her trike before and now she does! Whoohoo!
Tonight, I held my baby in my arms before she went to bed and she snuggled in the crook of my arms, laid her head on my chest and said "I love you mommy". Awww...~sniffle~ My baby is almost five. She'll be going to Kindergarten next year. It's just gone by so fast!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment