Sunday, April 22, 2007

Peeps Virgin No More!

I'm 35 years old and until today, I had never ever tasted a Peep. I've seen them around at Easter time, but I always just assumed they were pure sugar, like a sugar cube. Granted, I realize what they actually are are indeed pure sugar, but I was envisioning a sugar cube like what we used to get when we were at school getting some sort of immunization. I distinctly remember getting a sugar cube at one of these school immunizations and I distinctly remember not liking the taste.
We went to an Easter Egg Hunt that had been delayed 2 weeks because of the weather today. It actually turned out to be a good thing because 1. It was a gorgeous day today and 2. The candy I bought was 75% off; including the Peeps! I bought the Peeps out of sheer curiosity. I figured if I didn't like them, for $0.24, I wasn't going to go broke tossing them. OH.MY.GOODNESS! Had someone told me that under the sugar glazed 'stuff' is delicious marshmellow...well, let's just say I wouldn't have waited 35 years to try one! They are uber-sweet, melt in your mouth, sugary heaven! The kids and I looooove them! I can't wait 'til next Easter to get some more!

Oh, and here are some pictures of my cutie patooties at the delayed Easter Egg Hunt today:


Typical William. Who else would put the basket on his head? Yup, William would!

John with Terrin; the hosts' daughter. All my kids go to the same sitter with Terrin.

Maddy in all her splendor running in the yard. Notice the orange necklace and the Hello Kitty hair elastic she's wearing as a bracelet? Ya, some battles just aren't worth the effort.

1 comment:

kimberly/tippytoes said...

Yuck Peeps! Blaahhhh! But as I would say to Clover, I'm glad you tried something new. You are lucky though F because you don't have to wait until next Easter, just Halloween because they now make Peeps for the major holidays.