I awoke this morning to find some wonderful news...NO SCHOOL! Yesssss! Apparently we're under a winter weather watch/advisory and the county closed schools. Excellent.
Now, I have to knuckle down and start the work for my correspondance course I'm doing to earn some graduate credits I need to renew my teaching license in January 2010. I need 18 credits total. I have three that I'm currently working on getting transcripts for because for some reason, the HR people never received notification I'd passed the class 2 years ago. Sigh. I'm also taking "Studying Skillful Teaching: Part 2" on Saturdays. My first class was this past weekend. I go for six weeks total, but the classes are spread out from end of January to the first weekend in May. Yay. Blah!
I sat down this morning to start my course work for a class on teaching to Multiple Intelligences. I've already "dabbled" in this before, so I figured it would be a nice, "easy" beginning to the many correspondance classes I'll be taking before 2009 is over. So far, I've covered three chapters and I'd like to get through another two this afternoon.
What I'm loving about these correspondance classes is that all I really need to do is answer the 50 point multiple choice exam and write three essays and I can submit for a grade. Excellent! I'm hoping to get all the classes I want in as soon as I can. I figure if I do one chapter per night, I should slog through this class fairly quickly and then I'll start the next one. I hope to go get at least two to three of the correspondance classes done by the time I'm done my Skillful Teaching class done.
Hopefully, if I'm not burnt out by the summer, I'll push through and get some more credits and maybe have enough credits to change pay lanes. That would be really nice as it would mean a decent pay increase--especially now that we aren't going to get the raise that was in our contract. I'm going to have to make that pay raise my carrot as I wade through the classes and assignments because I imagine I'll be burnt out after a while.
Ok...back to work! Nose to the grind stone and all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment