I just got back from watching my almost-7-year-old play basketball. She stinks at offensive, but what a pitbull at defense she is! LOL! She cracks me up watching her smack the ball away from the offensive player. She doesn't quit until the ball comes loose or the other player somehow manages to get away. They rarely do, though! ;)
After basketball, Maddy and I headed out to shop for a baby shower we're invited to next weekend. Our nephew's wife is expecting a little girl. As I cruised the baby aisles trying to find just the right gift, I was flooded with memories of picking out my very own baby shower registry. I remembered how exciting it was to plan for my first baby; pick out sweet outfits, car seats, even diaper purchases were pretty exciting!
As I ran my fingers over the tiny, soft, girly-pink outfits we selected, I felt a twinge of sadness that my babies are now way past the stage of being babies. They're pretty darn independant, vocal, opinionated young kids! I'm so glad to be past the all-nighters and diaper changes, but somehow, it's still bittersweet.
I can't wait to meet my newest little niece when she's born in early March. I hope my nephew and his wife are ready for all the challenges and joy their new little bundle will bring them. :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment