Saturday, January 10, 2009

Thank Goodness For YouTube!

Being a fairly new knitter, there are many abbreviations I don't understand when it comes to knitting stitches. I can do the basic knit/purl. After that, I need someone here to show me. Unfortunatley, my knitting friend just can't pop in whenever I need help. She'd be living here if that were the case!

Thankfully, I've found some great tutorials of the stitches I have never really used. All I want to say is God bless you knitter who put your stuff up on YouTube to help us poor, knitting illiterate people!


I know know how to use double pointed needles and today I learned what "kfb" means (knit front and back to those of you "not in the know" [as if I'm so smart! HA! ;) ]). I found a quick, easy tutorial on YouTube and will now happily knit front and back and increase my stitches to create my latest piece.

Tune in tomorrow when I show off my boys' scarves! ;)

1 comment:

kimberly/tippytoes said...

I agree! I've found online tutorials so helpful for knitting, sewing, baking, buttonmaking...seriously so many things. I love the ability to go over a skill again and again without bothering an actual person.

I can't wait to see the scarves!