n was particularly excited to dress up. He'd been adament about being a "superhero" since I first asked him wayyyy back when. He had a blast dressing up and wearing his cape. William didn't really want to be anything until a week before when he declared he wanted to be Mickey Mouse. Ummmm....well, unfortunately, I'd already ordered two Superman costumes, so Superman he was. He really wasn't even the least bit upset. He went with the flow and had lots of fun. Madeleine, however, was very specific about wanting to be a fairy. And what a fairy she was. She had her sparkly blue dress with beautiful wings. She had a blast dressing up for her preschool party as well as Halloween night.Now, the costumes are in the dress-up box and are constantly being put on to play. I'm happy they're using their imaginations and being creative. It's so much fun to listen to them play and the different scenarios and roles they take on. I love, love, love this age. Such innocence mixed with such grand dreams and schemes. Seems like anything is possible for them. I want them to remain that way forever.
I love Halloween!


3 comments:
Okay, Miss French Jessica (love the name, btw!), we all don't speak French! So I need some translation here.....what does "Chez Nous" mean? Tom took four years of French, but he's not around to ask and if he was, he'd be sleeping now anyway. If I had one more life to live, I'd like to take French - and piano lessons. Maybe one day. I'll be ninety and still posting about French and piano lessons!! lol!
Anyway, getting back to *your* post about the children.....they are all just too cute and I can't believe how big they are all getting. I remember clearly you finding out that you were having twins and it seems like just yesterday! I'm so glad that they had so much fun and I'm so glad that you are such a wonderful mom that you put the costumes in the dress-up stuff immediately! They will have heaps of fun with it all! And I know exactly what you mean when you talk about loving to listen to them play! And it *has* to be listening to them because it's when they don't think you are around that they are most uninhibited and say the most fun things!! Keep enjoying those wonderful children the way you are!
~ Cyn <3
:) Cyn, you're too sweet to comment on my kiddos and their Halloween festivities! :) "Chez Nous" simply means "At our place". Sorry to throw you for a loop. Hehe. I thought it might sound a touch more 'chic' than saying "at our place" ;)
I, too, one day, will learn to play an instrument. AND, it's not too late to learn a new language. I'm happy to help with the French! :)
Oh, please....*don't* stop using the French!! It does sound better than just saying "at our place!" Just be prepared for a question or two from me! If it turns out to be an option in my studies at the university, I'm going to seriosly consider it! My French accent is seriously laughable, though!! hehe! It would hurt your ears to hear it. Poor Chelsea had the same problem in French class. It just *never* sounded right coming out of her mouth. On the other hand, it flows gracefully out of Tom's mouth. Go figure!
~ Cyn <3
Post a Comment