Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The New Mister and Missus

And another step-child takes the plunge into married life. Yesterday, Calvin, Robin's oldest son and third child from his first marriage (enough numbers in there for ya? ;) ) got married. Claire, his wife is a sweet girl (oh, good gracious, I'm calling her a girl...I must be getting old!) from England. They met while Calvin was in England living with his mom. They have a 3.5 year old son, Tyler, and Calvin will hopefully be enlisting in the U.S. Army sometime soon. As scarey as that is with the current state of the world, I truly think this is the best move for him. He has no high school diploma. I think he spent a
total of 12 hours in high school (yes, you read that
correctly...he was constantly ditching class and then completely refused to go to school...so he dropped out when he was 16...he lived with his mom until he was 15.5 so...anyway...I digress) and quite frankly has messed his life up pretty royally until now. I'm not sure what happened, but he seems to be maturing, if only a little. I hope for the best for them. They're young and in love. That's a good thing. I hope for nothing but the best for them. Congratulations Claire and Calvin. May your love for each other only grow. May hard times never darken your doorway for long and may you always remember the person you married and why you married each other. Let that love guide you always in the journey of marriage you have now embarked upon.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Congrats to them!