I didn't get a chance to post all the photos I wanted yesterday. I think Blogger has a limit of how many photos I can put in an entry. Anyway, here are a few more things I'm thankful for:
My wonderful husband who puts up with me, my craziness and all that goes with me. Love you,
My stepkids and their spouses. Robin's in the foreground. To his left is Claire and Calvin. They are getting married on Monday. Calvin will hopefully be enlisting in the US Army. In the background is Sam and Nicole. They've been married three years.
Tyler: Claire and Calvin's son who is 3.
Kelsea Marie: Nicole and Sam's daughter who is 9 months old.
Kali: Nicole's daughter who is six years old.
While I've had issues with the stepkids, I've finally ocme to the realization that I need to be the bigger person. I need to be mature and look beyond the hurt. In doing so, I've set myself free of anger and hostility that were keeping me trapped in the past of hurt and sadness. I can not undo the past. I can not fix past hurts and I can't ask them to heal past hurts. All I can do is move forward. I never have to love them like my own, but I can be accepting of them. If the only reason I do this is for my husband, then it's completely worth it. Seeing how happy he was Thanksgiving having his family; his whole family, there was just priceless.







No comments:
Post a Comment