Ugh! I've been trying to be creative...it's not working. I've done a few scrapbook pages these past few days, but I can't say I'm very happy about them. Nothing seems "artistic" enough. They seem to be missing that little "something" that makes me smile. Maybe I need a little break? I dunno. I worry if I take too long of a break, I won't ever get to a place where I don't feel like there are a million pages left to do. Eh, I will try again tomorrow and if it ain't happenin' for me, I'll just let it go for a bit until I feel inspired.
I'm trying to gear up for next week. I've got a million and one things I need to get done including getting all the kids to the dentist; the boys for the very first time! I need to get William to the allergist and I need to get laundry under control so I can pack for our vacation to see my family in Canada. We leave July 1! Maddy's already very excited as are the boys! Thankfully, we don't have to get an air mattress this time. We have had the worst time with our stupid air mattresses. Last year was the worst. It got a hole in it somewhere right in the middle of our trip. So, every night, I went to bed on a full, fairly firm air mattress and two hours later I was laying on ceramic tile and cursing as I had to refill it with air. Every.two.hours. Ugh! By the end of the summer, I was soooo ticked. Unfortunately, I didn't have any better luck over Easter with our new one we bought. Same scenario. Oh, what a royal pain!
Soooo. We decided to ask my dad if he could buy us a regular mattress we could toss on the ground. We're going to pay for them, but he'll store them in his basement and we won't have to worry about deflating mattresses! Wooohooo! I talked with my brother and he said we were getting two singles/twin beds 'cause dad didn't have room to store a double or larger. I'm cool with it. As long as it doesn't deflate in the middle of the night, I'm totally cool with it!
The other blah is trying to figure out how to exercise while I'm on vacation. I think I'm hitting Target tomorrow to find a workout dvd and I'm going to make it a priority to do it first thing in the morning before we go anywhere. I'm hoping to be down 20-25lbs by the end of the summer. If I do well, I'm hoping to be down over 50lbs by Christmas time. I hope I have the "stick-to-it'edness" that I need to get this done. I know my sister will drag me for walks in the evenings when the kids are in bed. Maybe I'll do my own version of the Biggest Loser! LOL! Wouldn't it be great to see the reactions of my collegues and students when school starts up again if I did! I'm going to have to remember this when the going gets tough. I took a week and a half off from the gym and I need to go back starting on Monday. I need to do something. I'm getting stronger, but I still need to do better.
So...this has been "blah". Nothing exciting, but a few things that have been annoying me! Ok, now that I've got that off my chest, I'm off to organize some photos to their appropriate photo boxes. Geez, I have a small fortune of photos in my room! Thankfully, I have done layouts for almost all the ones I "found" tonight. Now I just need to get through my current batch before I get any more developed!
Have a great night! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
ugh. I hate it when that happens. Hopefully a little break will help things out!
I hear you about the air mattress. The last time we camped, we would have to refill it at least twice a night - before we were too tired to care that we were sleeping on the ground.
Post a Comment