Ya, I know. Lots o' hype about these exercise tapes. I've always heard how hard they were but if you stuck with them, you'd have a kick-ass body. I've been too afraid to do them because I am so darn out of shape, it's scarey. I thought that doing a FIRM dvd would send me into cardio-arrest.
Apparently, either the FIRM isn't as bad as I thought, I'm in better cardio shape than I thought, or I'm in the Twilight Zone. I just did the FIRM video Cardio Dance Slim Down. I did it. It wasn't pretty, but I did it. I can say this...coordinated I am not. I think it's going to take some practice to get the moves down and some of the moves are just not easy to do on carpet! Let's just say her "butterfly" move in the "nightclub" segment, did not look like a butterfly when I did it! It was more like "wounded moth". LOL. But, I just moved some part of my body and went with the flow.
Tomorrow I'm going to try the weights workout. I've already previewed it and it's going to kick my butt; literally and figuratively. It looks brutal, but I know I just need to do my best and the rest will come.
So, now I'm a sweaty mess waiting for the repair guy to come repair my oven that's been out for over a month. Ack! It's been interesting to say the least trying to get dinner made. I never realized how much I use my oven!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Hey Miss French!! My name is Rachel and I don't have a blog, sorry. However, the Crafty Pumpkin herself is one of my bestest buds....so, I guess, by default, I've been able to peek at your blog every now and then. I noticed your search for a good workout video and I have one to recomend.....The Abs Diet Workout. It's short, it's easy to follow (no real coordinatin required, which is a true benefit for me), there are different levels of intensity, and you can do it easily on the carpet. You do need some light hand wieghts, whatever you're comfortable with...I think I use 8 lbs. You will be sore the day, which is awesome. It also has food tip stuff on it, but I've never watched that part. Using this video plus the Gazelle helped me lose 20 lbs last year in 6 months. Keep up the good work.
And one more thing, you're not even close to winning Worst Mother of the Year.
Rachel
This is why I stick to aqua aerobics - no one can witness how uncoordinated I am under water!
Hi Rachel! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :) Thanks for the exercise video rec as well. It sounds like it's right up my alley! I'm going to check it out next time I'm at Target. I love the idea that it has food tips, too! Yay! Oh, and congrats on the weight loss! Whooohooo! WTG! :)
Ah, and you're so sweet about the Mother of the Year Award. It was a bit of a shock to the system to think I'd exposed my kiddo to something potentially life threatening...a bit of beating up on myself.
Come visit and comment anytime! :)
Kimberly, if I wasn't worried about looking like the Good Year blimp walking from the locker room to the pool, I'd be right there beside you. Coordination is not my middle name, but short of an invisibility cloak a la Harry Potter, I think I'm destined for tripping over my own feet trying to do the choreographed steps in those videos! :)
Post a Comment