Friday, June 15, 2007

So, I've Officially Been on Vacation for 3 hours

(last day for students was yesterday; today I had a professional day and finished early!) and I've already cleaned out the pit that was my daughter's bedroom. I've filled one large black garbage bag with "stuff" that was lying on her floor. I've sorted her playfood and play pots and pans, dolls, cars, doll clothing, stuffed animals and puzzles and put them in their proper spots while disposing of the broken or ripped/destroyed items. I have put the books back on her bookshelf and tossed out all sorts of odds and ends that she'd colored and dropped onto the ground.

I've straightened up the playroom and have come out of there with another full kitchen sized bag full o' crap. Believe it or not, they even had toys strewn onto the floor of the downstairs bathroom. Seriously, someone tell me they've had toys strewn across their bathroom floor and make me feel better? These went straight into the trash. Blech!

I have also started dinner and rewashed the same towels that have been sitting in the washer since Wednesday....I think this is the third go around for this set of towels. Ya. I'm organized! Ack! This working full-time gig is getting in the way of a neat and orderly house! ~sigh~ Alas, I must work or we'll not have a house to keep orderly and neat. Nice Catch-22, huh?

Oh, I also managed to pick up a Father's Day gift for Robin. Yay! Can't say what we're getting him in case he reads here. ;) I'm sure he'll love it.

Now my plans include putting away laundry that's been sitting in baskets for a few days, getting some iced tea made (the real stuff; from tea bags!), maybe a bite of lunch and then I'll start clean up of the kitchen. Hopefully I can get this done before I have to pick up the kiddos from daycare.

Tonight, I'm looking so forward to getting some scrapping done. I need to get a Father's Day card made and organize some kits for my summer scrapping adventures while in Canada. Ahhh....vacation. I love it!

No comments: