I realize it's Saturday evening, but there's only one more week of school left! I'm so stinkin' excited! I am so very ready for a break!! Exams started Thursday and will end on Tuesday. Wednesday there are the end of year field trips and next Thursday is a half day with the students. Not quite sure why we go a half day on Thursday, but I'm cool with that. Friday is a professional day and I'm planning on being out by 10 a.m. I just need to make sure my room is packed up and my a/v equipement is stored in the proper spots and I'm good. I plan to get my room picked up and put away on Wednesday so Friday should be pretty easy.
My big plans on Friday are to clean Maddy's room and the playroom. They are what one might classify as a "disaster zone". I do believe FEMA should step in and help. Alas, it looks like I'll be on my own for that disaster. Saturday is going to be a big overhaul of the kitchen and bathrooms. I need to organize the clutter and "stuff" that's in those rooms. It's sad, I tell ya. The tile in the bathroom shower stall is not nice. Ugh. I am dreading cleaning it, but it needs it.
Sunday will be church and celebrating Father's Day. Not sure what we'll get Robin yet, but I'm sure I'll pick something up this week that he'll like. After that, I plan to get all the bedrooms organized. They're not bad right now, but I still need to pack up some of the boys' fall/winter clothes and organize their drawers. Maddy's closet needs an overhaul. There are way too many dresses hanging in there. I just can't seem to get rid of all her cute baby dresses she's outgrown. Her closet, however, is teeny tiny, so I need to clear it out. Nothing else can get in there. Ugh.
My first week of vacation I intend to do nothing but relax. Well...that and run the kids to the million appointments I've set up. The boys will go to the dentist for the first time. Maddy needs to see her pediatrian and her allergist, not to mention the dentist. Then I also have to get William to a new allergist to figure out his breathing issues. Poor kid's been diagnosed with "reactive airway disease", aka asthma. Hopefully, he'll have some good suggestions for my boy.
After that, it's prepping for our trip up to Canada to see my family. It'll be nice. I'm looking forward to some relaxing and laying on the beach. Ahh....summer...can't wait for it to be time to relax!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I remember the feeling of freedom as I left school that last day for summer. It's fun that you still get to experience that!
Judging by FEMA's work in New Orleans, you are on your own with Maddie's room!
Post a Comment