Monday, June 11, 2007

It's official

I'm an old fogie. Yup. Me. Older than the hills.

Apparently, my neighbor's daughter graduated high school this past week. Apparently, they figured a party with her friends on a Sunday night was a good idea. Apparently, they thought it was such a good idea that they should crank up the music, bust out the base and party hardy. Uh, not with this old fogie next door!

I felt badly, but geez! Who has a party at 9 p.m. on a Sunday night? Really? I could have dealt with it a little better had it been on Friday or Saturday night. But Sunday? Really? What were they thinking?

I had actually fallen alseep, with the windows open as it was a nice night and any night I don't have to run the a/c is a good night! For some reason, right around 11 p.m. some dufous kids started to come around to the front of the party house's driveway, which is where my bedroom is and they must have caught me in one of those "I'm turning over, kinda asleep, but slightly awake" moments. Unfortunately, their jabbering woke me all the way up and I could.not.fall.asleep again! GRRR! I don't do well on little sleep and I get up at 5 a.m. on the weekdays. I needed to sleep...

I tried to sleep. I really did. I figured it was a grad party. My neighbors are usually very quiet. We get along well and I didn't want to complain. But after trying unsuccessfully to fall asleep for a half an hour, I bit the bullet. Or, should I say, Robin bit the bullet!

He went over and asked if they could turn down the music, which they did. It did get turned back on, but that was after I'd drifted back to sleep and it definitely wasn't as loud and booming as it had been earlier.

Hopefully my neighbors won't think of me as a spoilsport. Oh, and "Congrats, Jackie!" :)

No comments: