Friday, August 22, 2008

I Guess A Free Education Isn't Enough In D.C.

According to the news reports I was listening to today and reading online , D.C. schools are actually going to pay students to go to school and do what they're supposed to do. You know, like participate, do their homework, study for tests, work on assignments/projects, behave like a child who is lucky enough to receive a free education no matter what. Yep. Let's just pay them to do that because the end product of a free education isn't valuable enough, we need to hand them a paycheck as well.

Shoot, had they done this when I was going to school, maybe I wouldn't have ever left middle school. I mean, $100 every couple of weeks isn't too bad when you're 12-14 years old. Imagine what it could have done for my bottom line if they'd include a bonus check for every A you received at the end of each marking period. Sweet!

I don't know. Maybe I'm becoming an old fart. Maybe there's something to this paying kids for doing what they're supposed to do and I'm just too narrow-minded to see it. I guess I can't be as smart and perceptive as the geniuses at Harvard who helped think this up.

Maybe if I'd been paid to go to school, I wouldn't have such a difficult time understanding this. Maybe I could sue...

1 comment:

Suzy said...

I'm right there with ya!