Sunday, August 17, 2008

Kicking My Butt

Oh.my.goodness.

I'm so not fit. At.all.

I'm trying to be, but oh holy heck, it's totally kicking my arse!

Monday I did the Walk Away the Pounds: 3 mile video. Fourty-five minutes of me sweating and swearing at the t.v. It did me in for the ENTIRE day. I was exhausted. How pathetic. What's even more pathetic is that I didn't exercise the rest of the week because of it. I just couldn't stand the thought I'd be that exhausted again.

Today, I did a circuit training training dvd. Thirty-eight minutes of crazy cardio and weights/muscle work. You know, it wasn't even that bad except just doing those short bursts of cardio has me wheezing like crazy and sweat pours down my face. My favorite is when the instructor does the stretches and my legs are so sweaty I can't do what she wants because my hands slip off!

Seriously. This is kicking my behind. But, I need to do it, so...kicking my butt it will be. I haven't had the courage to pull out my Firm dvds yet. I'm too skeered!

2 comments:

helmet hair 365 said...

I feel your pain! Actually it's been three weeks since I started my bike riding blog, and I'm just starting to notice a difference.

Although today was a bear and I was hardly doing anything.

deputydog

PUMPKIN PETUNIA said...

LMAO at the image of your hands slipping during stretches! You are too funny.

What circuit video do you use? Does it hold your attention? I'm in the market for a new workout. As much as I love my Step Aerobics, I need to change things up a bit.

P.S. I think we're the last two people on earth who use the term "arse." It makes me giggle every time I say it or hear it! (or read it, for that matter).