Thursday, August 21, 2008

Running In Circles

Our one teacher workday...our one day without meetings or anything other than get our rooms together, plan, etc. and I felt like I was running in circles.

Here's what my day looked like at work today:

  • arrive at school and flip through 'stuff' I may photocopy for my classes
  • meet up with my collegue
  • let collegue know the cd with all her work on it doesn't work for me
  • rush to collegue's home to transfer work onto a flashdrive instead
  • stop by Target to pick up a power cord or cable or something she needed for her Promethean board (which I'm jealous she has! sigh...)
  • go to school and start planning
  • plug in flash drive to find that nothing will load up
  • try to find the tech guy
  • can't find the tech guy
  • work on lessons with collegue and get frustrated trying to piece things together because half of it's on the flash drive where nothing will load up
  • get interrupted by another collegue; chat for half an hour
  • try to work on plans with collegue again; she has a brain wave and thinks she may have paper copies somewhere in a binder in her room
  • check binders in her room--nope, no paper copies; check the office, search through boxes and VOILA! some papers we need
  • go back to work...accomplish only a little before we realize that once again, what we need is on the...you guessed it...the flash drive!
  • try to find tech guy again
  • fail to find tech guy again
  • strip down two bulletin boards
  • redecorate the two bulletin boards
  • go home exhausted

I guess I'm going to be making the first few days up as I go at this point unless we can figure out the whole flash drive fiasco. I'm exhausted and I don't feel like I made any progress today. :S

1 comment:

Suzy said...

Maybe if school is like this I shouldn't be a teacher. Sounds like too much stress for my feeble mind...or maybe I'm just not rested from summer break yet. I hope next week goes better.