That has pretty much summed up my life since my last entry. I have now pulled a muscle or something in my hip/lumbar area no less than five times in less than 2.5 weeks. Talk about ridiculous! I can't even function most days without some pain in the evening. I just wish I knew what I did to bring this on. Shoot, it stinks. The doctor seems to think it may be a disk issue. Good gracious, I hope not! I'm too young for that, aren't I? Sheesh. Anyway, she gave me some meds that make me incredibly groggy. I'm supposed to take them four times a day, but seeing as I teach and the effect they have on me, she just told me to take them at bedtime. Thankfully, they help me sleep pretty soundly. On the negative, I wake up in a fog every morning. I tried going down to one. She suggested I do this if I didn't like the side effects. Well, darn it, I might as well not have taken it at all. It didn't help the pain and I never slept; so it's back to two and a groggy morning.
This week I also had two Back to School Nights. Ahh, the joys of teaching all three grade levels. You get to do this big event two nights in a row. What fun...not. Not that I don't appreciate the parents coming to see who I am, what I'm about and what their kids will be learning in my class, but two nights is just plain hard! I feel so whiney, but I am up at 5 a.m. every day and for two days I work all day, get my kiddos and race back to school for 6:30 p.m. so I can get a parking spot and then do two evenings of 7:30-10 p.m. and up at 5 a.m. again. I think I'm getting too old for this!
Ah, and the Consignment Sale gone wrong. Seriously, I think someone's trying to tell me something. I can't seem to get rid of my kids' baby clothes! I've shipped bunches of them to my cousin in Canada, but it's expensive. Besides, she has a lot of my stuff, I doubt she'll have much more room for this other stuff. So, I decide to just consign it. Well, that would be great except nothing of mine has ever sold in consignment so I never get any money. I was thinking ebay, but I just don't have the energy for that. Thought of craigslist...but from those who've tried to sell baby/kids' clothes via that site have found extremely little interest, so I didn't want to waste my time. I don't do well planning yard sales. I have anxiety issues (seriously, it's ridiculous, but I can't handle yard sales and all the people poking through my things and wanting to haggle the price down. I get panicky...ridiculous, I know.). Soooo...a friend tells me about TotSwap. Great! I can consign them, they'll sell them for me, I get 60% cut and they'll donate anything I don't want and keep the rest for me to pick up if it doesn't sell. Perfect!
So, register and pay my $10 registration fee, log in all my items electronically (super cool, by the way!), print out my tags, hang my clothes on nice little hanger, safety pin my tags on the clothes and pack 'em up into rubbermaid containers to take to the consignment 'swap'. Heck, I even registered for a drop off time like they said to do. I get there and there's a big sign that says "Sorry, we are no longer accepting clothing".....Um...WHAT!?! They had such a great response that they ran out of coat racks! Cripes...just figures.
They fell all over themselves to help us come to a mutally beneficial agreement. They offered to let me sell my fall/winter items at their spring/summer sale. Not sure they'll do well...sigh... or I could get my registration money back...$10 isn't going to make or break me....I dunno. Not sure what I'll do, but I'm annoyed.
I did, however, get a bunch of nice stuff for my own kids while there. One perk about being a consigner is that I got to peruse the inventory before the general public. Here's some stuff I picked up for the kids: a purple snowsuit (jacket and snow pants) and a pretty coat for church for Maddy, a winter coat for one of the boys (we'll see who I love best ; ) Kidding of course. I need to get another. There was only one good one in their size at the sale), some pants (3 pairs) for the boys, two dresses for Maddy and some Wiggles toys. The boys will go insane when I give them their toys. I think I'll save them for Christmas presents. Not quite ready for the invasion of Wiggles music in my home so soon.
As soon as I can figure out what the issue is, I'll post some pictures of my consignment sale finds! Blogger's annoying me right now. I've tried to post pictures about 10 x and I can't seem to get them on. Grr!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment