Thursday, September 28, 2006

More scrapbooking



I just love these pictures on this layout. It's exactly what happens when Maddy wants to dance. She basically puts one of the boys in a headlock and dances with him! My poor boys! They really don't even have a chance to say no to her. She's so darn persistant.

I'm feeling like I need a weekend. School's actually been going pretty well. I feel very organized, amazingly enough, and my classes are going well. I have nice students and I enjoy teaching them. But. Getting up at five o'clock in the morning is for the birds! Rushing around to get everyone dressed and ready for the day is just no fun. Some days I wish I could be a stay at home mom. I'm lucky enough to be able to do it in the summer, so I guess I can't really complain, but ... ~sigh~ I don't think I could ever be a sahm anyway. I don't like the feeling I get that I would be pinching pennies forever. Robin simply wouldn't make enough for us to live well. We'd be scraping by every week. Chances are we'd also have to downsize our house. Trust me. Not much to downsize to! It's not huge, but it's comfortable. I also worry about my retirement. I don't want to be a burden to my children and I fear that I'll be stuck in a bad nursing home when I'm too old to take care of myself. Eh, I'll be fine. I just need a weekend.

Thankfully, this weekend is a three day weekend for me! Yay! I'm planning to finish up my cousins scrapbook pages for her newest little guy and hopefully start on my sister's kindergarten class scrapbook. I'm excited to start for her. After those projects are done, I'm hoping to get started on Maddy's preschool's auction albums. I'm planning on donating scrapbooks with ready made layouts for moms to put their own pictures in. I'll do it starting from Kindergarten to 8th grade. One for boys and one for girls. I'll throw in some adhesive, paper, a cutter and some other fun stuff in a basket. We'll see how well they sell. I'm excited. I'm also hoping that after I've accomplished all of these, that I'll have organized my layouts into albums and figured out what events, celebrations, holidays etc. I have missed from the boys' albums in particular. Maddy's is pretty much in order, but not the boys'. I'm a bad mommy! ;)

1 comment:

Mad Mad Mama said...

You are so talented!! I've tried scrapping a few times, but my pages have never come even close to looking as good and put together as yours do!

Sarah :)