
My baby girl and her friend at the first day of preschool. You can see that they have butterflies (plastic, of course). Their teacher read them the story The Very Hungry Caterpillar on the first day to close out the day. The kids were really good at listening and participating. I must admit, I was amazed Maddy didn't interrupt or talk during the story. She was so into it!
What did I learn about butterflies? Well, according to her teacher, butterflies are much like our children. They come out of their cocoon at some point, stretch their wings and fly off into the big, sometimes bad world. They are spreading their wings and ready to embrace the world, it's knowledge and everything in it. I gotta say, I'm not so sure I'm ready for my little caterpillar to become a butterfuly. Unfortunately, I don't think she has any plans to remain a caterpillar forever. A mom can wish, though.


No comments:
Post a Comment