Wednesday, September 06, 2006

My Baby Girl Started School Today.


She was just so darn excited. We've been counting down the days for about a month now. She went to preschool last year and had a blast. She really matured going there, so we decided to continue with it this year as well. She was raring to go and actually let me put her hair in a pony tail. No small feat around here! We spent an hour there in the classroom together and she begins full days next Wednesday. Where have four years gone? Seriously. Last time I looked, she was a baby. Now she's such a big girl! I don't even want to think about when the boys start preschool next year. I think I'm seriously going to cry.

Anyway, enough sentimentality for now. Day Two of "Operation Lose the Flab" as I'm now affectionately calling it, went just so-so. I made probably the biggest mistake this morning and didn't eat right away. By the time I realized I had let too much time go by, I was lightheaded, nauseous and scarfing down any combo of protein and carb! I had a boiled egg, Cheerios, and skim milk. Lunch was a disaster. I had to get back to work after my daughter's preschool and thought I could run to the mall, get my contacts (that I've been needing to pick up for 2 weeks now!) and grab a sandwich at the mall Starbucks. Ya, unfortunately, this is the one Starbucks on the entire planet that doesn't sell sandwiches at lunch time! Grrr! Got a strawberry and pineapple smoothie. Had a banana later at work and then at 3 p.m. ate half a jar of Nutella. Dear God! What the hell was I thinking??? Dinner was better as I had made Chicken soup in the crockpot this morning. It was good and not too bad diet wise. I did drag my big behind to the treadmill again. Another 30 minutes. Just over a mile. I've walked almost 2.5 miles. Shoot, that's more than I've moved in about 2 months! Ok...so, Day 2 report card: C-.

No comments: