
This is my little ballerina. Maddy has been obsessed with dancing and ballet since she was 2 years old. Tonight she started her class called "Creative Movement". She took the same class last fall, but because she's only 4 still and we can't get her to the daytime ballet class for 4 year olds, we opted to put her in this class. She had so much fun tonight. It's a different teacher from last time, also and I think she really enjoys the change. She left asking if she could return again. That's success!!
I had to take her to class tonight. Normally, Robin will do it as Monday's I have staff meetings after school and I can't get her there in time. Tonight, Robin went to a football game and wasn't able to take her. Thankfully, my staff meeting was cancelled due to technical difficulties. I guess there were some computers or something they needed to use for the presentation and they weren't working. Can't say many teachers were sad about it being cancelled! I was so happy I could take her to dance class once instead of my brother-in-law, Jeff, who so graciously stepped up to help us.
William was probably more excited about dance class than even Maddy herself; and that's saying a lot! He was so very mad and sad that he couldn't go in too! Poor little guy just cried and wailed to go in. He's only 2.5 years old and I couldn't register him until he's at least 3. It broke my heart 'cause I know he'd have loved it. Fortunately, a cookie treat from Panera Bread just two doors down managed to keep him happy....at least for a little while.
I've been keeping my promise to myself and working out in the evenings. I did a half hour last night and tonight again (actually 31 minutes and then 32 minutes...but who's counting! LOL! I'm actually trying to gradually build up my time each night so it's not so all of a sudden in about a week!). I'm averaging just over 1.1 miles each time, so I feel ok about that. I pulled a muscle last weekend and then again yesterday in my hip/buttock area. OMG! It hurt so bad yesterday that a percocet did NADA to dull the pain. The only thing that helped it was walking. How sucky is that? Seriously. You think you pull a muscle, you should rest it. Shoot, every time I sat down I thought I was going to die the pain was so bad. I think this is God's way of reminding me I can't slack off. Apparently I've got a thick skull!
Anyway, still at it. Still a battle of the will to actually start it. I think God is planting reminders for me at every turn when I get weak. First the pulled muscle that only feels better with exercise. Tonight I was toying with not working out because Robin's away and putting the three kiddos down for bed has begun to be a very trying experience. Just as I'm thinking I deserve to just veg out tonight...No matter that my hip is painful and could benefit from some blood circulation, I get a call from my dear friend Sophie. Between William's screaming fit of a tantrum over something or other, and Maddy screaming over and over again that she wanted to wear her flower pj's tonight, we caught up. She said to me "I'm gonna let you go. Since we don't have school tomorrow (gotta love those Primary Elections!, think I), I'm going to head to the gym to work out." Ahhh...so close....I just couldn't not work out after that. Sophie is a wonderfully fit, trim lady...someone whom I aspire dearly to be like. So....after the kids were put to bed...on the treadmill I hopped. And did my 32 minutes, BABY! ;)


1 comment:
welcome welcome welcome to the blogosphere! So good to see you here. You're such a faithful stopper by at "my place"- I was thrilled to hear you set up shop.
Looking forward to many more posts my dear!
Post a Comment