Monday, October 09, 2006

Columbus Day, School Open House and a Cake Decorating Class

Today is Columbus Day. But. It's really my Thanksgiving. I'm a displaced Canadian, as I like to call myself. I moved to the States when we got married. I miss Thanksgiving in October. It feels weird to me to celebrate in November. Just seems too close to Christmas. Anyway, we celebrated yesterday with a yummy turkey, mashed potatoes that the kids just gobbled up,and broccoli. We had apple pie and pumpkin ice cream for dessert. YUM! Today we had turkey noodle soup. Delish!

We also had a county-wide Open House today at school. Nothing is more annoying than trying to teach with parents in your room. I just feel soooo....fake. I feel stiff and boardline neurotic when parents, or any adult for that matter, visits my classroom. Give me 30 blank teenage faces any day! Adults annoy me. Thankfully, that's all done and no parent seemed peeved. LOL.

I also started my Wilton Cake Decorating class tonight at Michaels. WHAT FUN! I can not wait to actually decorate a cake and have it look nice. The cakes at the end of the booklet seem so hard to do, but apparently, I will be able to do it by the end of the month! Whooohooo! I'll post pictures of my first attempt next week. Should be interesting!

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving! I keep meaning to tell you that my children's lit professor reminds me of you! I sometimes sit in class an imagine her blogging or scrapping or posting to some sort of babyboard!! I don't know why I felt the need to tell you that, but I did! :P

~ Cyn <3