Saturday was my birthday. I turned 35. How did I get so old? Aren't I still 25? Honestly, last time I looked, I was a reasonably hip 25 year old. Now, I'm a 35 year old married mother of three...huh?
I'm certainly not dwelling on my age as a negative. I'm very happy to be the age I am. I don't feel old or like I'm approaching an impending "midlife crisis". I just feel like it snuck up on me when I wasn't looking; you know? I may not be hip anymore (roflyao if you know me!), but I feel comfortable with myself now. I don't know if I would have said that ten years ago. Ten years ago I was trying to be everything to everybody that wasn't really important in my life. Now...well, I'm still guilty of trying to be everything to everybody (sometimes to the detriment of my own psyche), but at least now, it's for the people I care about: my husband and children. I'm a very lucky person. God had been good. I hope to continue to be blessed for the rest of my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
{sigh} I wish 35 was the year that I was reflecting on. Here I am, thinking about doing a 50 before 50 list. :S
Happy birthday, again, Francesca!!
~ Cyn <3
Ouch - seeing that in print is even worse than thinking about it! :S
~ Cyn <3
Post a Comment