that I'm practically rubbing my hands in glee that I will have, by the end of the week, made four dinners with our Thanksgiving turkey? I don't think I've ever gotten this much use out of one cooking! I'm super excited. I obviously, made turkey on Sunday for Canadian Thanksgiving. Yesterday we had turkey soup (YUM!), tomorrow we'll have turkey pot pie. The pie is currently baking in the oven. I have a late meeting tomorrow afternoon, so I'm cooking it now so tomorrow I can just reheat it and voila! Dinner! I think Friday I'll make turkey tetrizini. If that doesn't use it all up, we'll probably have turkey sandwiches on Saturday for lunch. I'm pretty impressed with myself!
I tried a new recipe from allrecipes.com for the pot pie. It's super easy and got some great reviews. Here's the recipe I used below. I'll let you know how well we all liked it.
Turkey Pot Pie II
INGREDIENTS
1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie (I used frozen pie crusts)2 cups cubed cooked turkey
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed (used 'em frozen)
2 tablespoons chopped onion (I like onion, so I used a whole diced onion)
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup (I didn't have cream of chicken soup, so I subbed cream of mushroom soup)1/2 cup milk
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line bottom of pie pan with crust. In a skillet saute the chopped onion until slightly soft and set aside.
Mix together the turkey or chicken, mixed vegetables, onion, soup and milk. Pour into pie crust, cover with top crust and crimp edges. (Here's where I varied from the recipe a touch. I mixed the frozen veggies in with the onion once the onion was cooked through. I cooked 'em up a bit and then added the chopped up turkey. Heated that through and added the soup and milk and heated that through as well. When I'd put the top crust on, I brushed it with an egg wash.)
Poke holes in top crust and bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
Well, off to finish reheating our leftover chicken from the other night for dinner tonight. Can't beat the easy, healthy meals! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment