Thursday, October 26, 2006

This Hasn't Been a Good Day

It's been a very emotionally frustrating day. Just too darn hard. I don't understand the male thought process. I really don't. I definitely don't understand my husband's thought process. NOT.AT.ALL. I feel like I'm banging my head against a wall talking with him sometimes. I'm really a fairly logical person once I get over the whole emotional crap I need to work through on an issue that gets me fired up.

I'm perfectly aware that my emotions can make me a not fun person to 'discuss' things with when I'm ticked off or in a highly excitable state. However, once I calm myself down, my thought process is logical. You'd think me and a man; my man, would be able to figure stuff out and move on. Apparently not. I thought men were problem solvers and non-emotional when it came to problems. I thought they just forged ahead until they resolved the problem. I think I married the only man who wants to pretend certain things didn't/don't happen so he doesn't have to deal with the consequences.

I feel like I'm not important much of the time that we argue about this particular issue. I know he loves me. I also know that there is a push and a pull in this issue that makes him want to just run and hide. I've told him over and over that it seems to me that he would rather deal with my anger, bitterness and resentment, than to do something constructive. Doing that something constructive would make me less of a bitch, to be quite honest.

Apparently I've been a big bitch for a while (my words). I think I've been going round and round and round about this whole thing for months and months that I'm done with the anger (I hope) and that I today it just finally hit me emotionally. I love my husband. I just wish I could understand how to talk to him about this issue without it becoming a fight every.single.time.

Maybe I should have married a lesbian... :S

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

((((Francesca)))) I hope things are going well this weekend.......

~ Cyn <3