Monday, October 02, 2006

Conversations With My Children


I had the joyous opportunity to take my daughter to preschool this morning. I was off from work because of the Jewish holiday, so I took her. I was amazed at how quickly the two and a half hours went by! When I picked her up, this was the conversation we had:

Maddy: Mommy! Lookat my craft I made today! It's a caterpillar!
Me: Wow, Maddy, that's a great caterpillar!
Maddy: Do you like it, Mommy?
Me: I love it! Maddy, why did you make a caterpillar today?
Maddy: (looking at me like I'm an idiot) Mommy...we made a caterpillar because today is C day! Caterpillar starts with "C"!
Me: Oh...you're right!



Then I picked up the boys from daycare. John had this gem for me: "Mommy, I go to preschool like Ladeline (his word for Madeleine)! I go potty at home!" hehehe.










William's gem has to do with discussing preschool for them next year. When I told him he had to wear big boy underpants and go peepee onthe potty he said "Ya...Elmo sad now." referring, of course, to the fact that he wore his Elmo underpants to daycare today and managed to pee all over them. ~sigh~ Hopefully he'll learn soon...


P.S. All these pictures were taken about a year ago (October and December of '05), but I liked them and they give a sense of the personality behind my munchins who say the most interesting things! : )

No comments: