Friday, December 22, 2006

Crocs: My New Shame

Never in a million years did I ever think I'd succumb to the Crocs craze. They're ugly! Who would really want to wear those? Well, it turns out that I now own a pair of the very shoes that I thought were so ugly.

Yep. There they are. Red Crocs...on my feet. Why? Well, it seems I have "plantar ficitious" (and I'm pretty certain I spelled that wrong!). Basically there is some lignament (let's see if I was paying attention at my doctor's appointment!) in the bottom of the foot that is being constricted because my feet are flat when I stand with no shoes on. Because of that, it makes my heal hurt like heck when I stand. Honestly, the doctor explained it all to me last week, but I can't remember all the details. All I remember is he told me I needed to get shoes with heal support and I had to wear shoes as much as possible. We just got hardwood floors and I didn't want shoes that would mark up my floors. So. I caved. I bought Crocs.

And I LOVE them. Oh, my goodness! They are so very comfortable. My heal pain is so much better when I wear them. I used to feel a radiating pain going from my heals to my ankles and even into my calves and thighs some nights when I'd been on my feet a lot. Now, I don't. Incredible.

So, I've committed a fashion faux pas, but I don't care. Crocs rule!

No comments: