Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I've Been Blog-Tagged!

;) My first time, too! My friend, Christina, at http://christinacostain.blogspot.com/ or Miss Crafty Pumpkin herself, challenged her blog readers to answer the following questions. So...here goes.

Welcome to the 2006 Holiday Edition of Getting to Know Your Friends!


1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate! Not a real fan of Egg nog, but I will have a glass of it if there's nothing else around at a holiday party.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa's gifts are wrapped in mystery, special to the North Pole gift wrap. It is very different for the wrap that mommy and daddy use. The only things that won't be wrapped are those that require assembly. This will be our first year we'll have an unwrapped gift under the tree!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White. I kinda wanna go retro though and do the big colorful multi-colored lights from my childhood. For now, white. :)

4. Do you hang mistletoe?Nope. Don't have any and honestly, I think Robin would be trying to get me under it all the time if I did! ;)

5. When do you put your decorations up? The day after Thanksgiving I corral Robin into getting the tree out from under the stairs and we get decorating. It's an all day affair. I love having it up early so we can sit in the glow of the pretty twinkling lights for as long as possible.

6. Favorite dish? I'd have to say the prime rib we get every Christmas. So yummy, tender and sinful! Yum!

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child. I can't remember how old I was, but I remember the Christmas I was given a baby doll and a stroller. I loved that darn thing! Wheeled that little dolly all around the house. Funny thing is, Maddy's most favorite, most played with gift she's ever received is also a baby doll and stroller. Just like mommy!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Santa is as real as the magic of the Christmas season. Therefore, I've always known the truth about Santa.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, at my mother-in-law's party she has everyyear. It's her time to give her gifts and wants us to open them at her house. I'm cool with that. : )
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Lights, beaded garland, star topper, and a mish-mash of ornaments we've collected or been given over the years. I love the sentimental feeling I get when decorating the tree or just looking at the tree and remembering when we got which ornament. I love our tree. If blogger ever lets me, I've been trying to post pictures of our dear tree for about three days now!

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love to look at it, dread driving in it. As far as I'm concerned, as soon as Christmas and New Year's are over, the snow can disappear as well!

12. Can you ice skate? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!! *gasp* HAAAHHHHAAAAHHHAAAAA *gasp* no! HAHHHAAAAHHHAAAAA. *gasp* You do not want to see me even attempt it! ;) Trust me, not fun for me to skate...not fun for the other skaters when I'm on the ice either!.

13.Do you remember your favorite gift? Yes. Robin surprised me with a pearl necklace and pearl earrings the Christmas before we got married so I could have them to wear on our wedding day.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? I'm going to go with Christina's answer: family and food

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? I'd have to say triffle. :)

16. What tops your tree? A star we bought our first Christmas we were married.

17. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Gosh, I hope I remember the name...it's called O Night Divine (Oh, holy night, the stars were brightly shining...it is the night of our dear Saviour's birth...), but the recording done by Celine Dion. She has the best voice for that song. Makes me get goosebumps every time I hear it.

18. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? YUM- but only the first one. Multiple candy canes...YUCK!

Now it's your turn! Have fun!


No comments: