cry. Apparently that will win you enough sympathy points from your spouse for you to finally go through the finances and see whether you really can afford to send all three kids to private school and preschool next year.
We're set on sending Maddy to St. Mary's School next year. Granted, we have to wait to hear if she's actually admitted. We're staying positive and assuming the best (but please pray for us any way! It certainly can't hurt!). I was ademant (did I spell that right??) that the boys have the same opportunities as Maddy has had. That includes preschool at three. They are just as ready as she is. There's no reason that they can't go maturity-wise. Robin's all in agreement with this plan. Until tonight.
I make my usual call to him at work and we talk a little about registration for preschool, which is on Thursday. He mentions that perhaps it would be better that the boys wait another year. Ya...it's not going to hurt them to not go, but ... why shouldn't they? Because it's going to be a touch tighter for us? Yes, it will, but it breaks my heart that we can't necessarily do this for them. I don't ever want them feeling that we didn't do for them what we did for their sister because it was too expensive for the two of them at once.
Anyway, we discuss it. I cry. We discuss some more. We discuss numbers. We sit down and crunch actual numbers. We work out scenarios. We realize that we, in fact, can afford it. Yay! My boys are going to go to preschool in September!
Now...to get on the Dave Ramsey Total Money Makeover. I'll be blogging about that soon. Check back! I'm reading his book now called, appropriately enough, The Total Money Makeover. So far, it's been a very interesting read. Makes a lot of sense and has some interesting scriptural references for his stances on certain things. I know I'll pretty much do whatever I need to in order to be financially sound and not worry about my retirement (which I do... a lot!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
So glad you are able to send everyone to school like you want to!
Hugs,
~M
Dollface, I'm big-time proud of you for getting on the same page with your man and working to do things Dave Ramsey's way. His plan makes tons of sense, and I'm looking forward to reading your blog of his book. Way to go on the dough, baby ... here's looking at you. www.debtective.com
Post a Comment