Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Will You Keep Me Honest?

I went to the gym for the first time since before Thanksgiving. Oh my goodness! That's one heck of a long time to be away from exercising. Any gains I made are pretty much gone. I'm working on shedding some weight because, quite frankly, I need to. Anyway...anyone want to keep me honest? ;)

My plan is to work out after school on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays. I can't do Mondays because I have staff meetings and I can't so Thursdays 'til May because of my night class. Anyway, if I check out of school right away I can get to the gym by 3:10 or so and work out. I can then get to my kids before 4:30 and be home to get dinner ready etc.

I did it tonight and I feel pretty good about it. I only did 30 minutes on the treadmill. I'm working on getting to the ellipical machine. I did that one day and it kicked my tush! Wow was it hard! I think my lovely belly getting in the way didn't help make me feel powerful! Ugh!
I would have done weights, but I ran into a friend who is preggo with twins and we chatted the rest of my time away about that. Oh well. Half an hour working out is better than not having gone at all.

My goal is to have lost 25 lbs by the time I go see family in Canada at Easter. I think it's doable. Tonight is step one in a journey of what seems like a million miles.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

I missed this post....it's been over a week, how did you do? Do you plan on going tomorrow (Tuesday, 1/30)? Seriously, if a half hour is all you can manage right now, that's fine. Don't push yourself or you definitely will have a hard time going back. Thirty minutes is great! Good luck!

~ Cyn <3