Welcome to your weekly installment of "Works for Me Wednesday" hosted by Rocks in my Dryer! This week, it's all about going as green as I can; especially when grocery shopping. I usually do my big grocery run at the commissary every 6ish weeks. When I go, I drop a bunch of cash and refill our pantries and freezer to overflowing. Every week, though, I zip out to the grocery store and pick up fresh fruits, veggies, yogurt, milk, eggs, cheese...basically perishables. I always hate coming home with a bazillion plastic bags. They're really thin and they usually need to be double bagged to get a decent amount of stuff in them. I've been skeptical, but I thought I'd take the plunge and buy a few of the cloth bags the grocery stores are selling.
They cost me $0.99 each and I've only got three at the moment. They are really deep and sturdy. I was pleasantly suprised.
They cost me $0.99 each and I've only got three at the moment. They are really deep and sturdy. I was pleasantly suprised. I had an average grocery run last week and the three bags I bought held a bunch of fresh fruits and veggies, some ground turkey, a brick of cheese, a bunch of spices and two gallons of milk easily. Usually, I'd be looking at at least 5-7 plastic grocery bags to lug all that stuff home and then I'd have to figure out where to store them until I could recycle them. Now, I have my bags and I can reuse them. I just use one as my carrier bag and fold the other two and store them inside and pop them in the van for the next grocery trip. No storage issue and I'm sure I'll get my $0.99 worth a hundred times over.
It works for me! ;)


1 comment:
Oh Gosh.. I have these and never ever ever remember that I have them.. I'm so bad... this reminded me.. I'm going to pull them out now and leave them by the front door and shove them in my car... now...... let's just hope I don't forget I have them in the car!!
Post a Comment