Saturday, February 23, 2008

Harry Potter Overload

Yesterday was "PJ and Movies" Day because we had our first snow day of the season. I decided I'd watch the Harry Potter movies from 1 through 5 back to back. While it's kinda cool to watch the characters grow and mature and watch the storyline develop...it wasn't the smartest thing to do for my sleep.

I went to bed with visions of Voldemort, Harry, Ron, Hermione and all the others of the Order of the Phoenix in my head and had a really fitful sleep. My dreams were full of fighing the Death Eaters, confronting the Dursleys and practicing magic at Hogwarts. Apparently, I'm a very visual person and apparently, I also need time to think through the movie before bed or I do it while asleep.

Oh well. Today's a new day. A few cups of coffee and I'll be fine. Tonight, I think I'll just scrap a little and take an Ambien. That ought to get me some sound "zzzz" tonight.

Can't wait for November 21, 2008--The release date of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince in theatres. Should be fantastic! :D

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

LOL @ the HP marathon!! You're too funny! Sorry it caused fitful sleep, though. Sounds like you have a good plan for tonight.

Have you seen or read either of the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini? The first one is Eragon, and the second is Eldest. A friend of mine who worked in a bookstore had read Eragon when it came out and highly recommended it to me. I bought it for Tom and he devoured it and loved it (almost) as much as Harry Potter. He waited for the second book, Eldest, to come out with the same anticipation as the next edition in the HP series. The third book, Brisingr, is due for release in September. The series was originally planned to be a trilogy, but a while ago I read that the author felt that he couldn't do justice to the characters or the story if he crammed everything into that one final book, so now there will be a fourth book. Now that I'm mentioning it to you, it occurs to me that I need to put these on my books on CD list to listen to on my ride to and from work!

Enjoy your weekend!! BTW, I'm so jealous of your snow day yesterday!! Sounds like a wonderful day spent in pj's!

~ Cyn <3