Everyone cheer! It's FRIDAY! The weekend has begun!!! Whoooohooooooo!
I am so relieved to know it's Friday, it's after 5 p.m. and I have a three day weekend. God bless the Presidents because without them we wouldn't have this lovely holiday in February known as "President's Day" (or is it Presidents' Day?) to break up a really dreary winter month. This has been an incredibly long week for me at work, even though we were only in school for four of the five days due to the Primary Elections on Tuesday. I just think I got so wound up hoping for a snow day on Wednesday--there was some fast moving freezing rain on Tuesday that made traffic a nightmare at 3:30 p.m.!--that I just had the most awful day on Wednesday and I wasn't in a fantastic mood yesterday at work either.
I feel like I've been fairly successful today in that I managed to grade three class sets of quizzes I gave yesterday, reteach the points that the kids were getting wrong, give a re-quiz and grade two class sets. Now, that doesn't mean I don't have a bunch of other things I need to get done for school, but between getting some grading done, copying my test for Tuesday's classes and finishing our Food unit in my upper level class (finally!), I feel very satisfied.
No big plans this weekend. I need to do my big grocery run this weekend at the commissary tomorrow. I guess that means I'm going to have to organize my coupons and make out my list tonight. I'll probably have a nice glass of wine while doing that...can't wait! ;) Tomorrow evening, Robin and I are going out for dinner-ALONE! It's been forever since we went out alone. I'm kinda hoping we can go for longer than an hour or so. My brother-in-law is babysitting and I always feel bad staying out too long, but maybe we can get dinner and a movie. Any recs?
Sunday we'll go to church and then in the evening, I'll be going out for dinner with a friend. I haven't seen her in forever and it'll be nice to just have a girl's night. Monday the plan is to be creative and to workout. After my doctor's appointment on Tuesday, I'm begrudgingly agreeing I need to step it up in this department. It isn't something I love, but I need to do it, and if I'm honest, I do actually feel better when I do it. So...I gotta start.
Well, I should probably go feed my kiddos their "gourmet" Lentan meal-tuna sandwichs and chips! ;) I'm such a good mom, huh?
So, what are your plans this weekend? Whatever they are, I hope you have a wonderful time! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
HAVE a great time!!! Us?? Not sure... This weekend is going to be nice and low key... Ü
Post a Comment