Saturday, September 23, 2006

Oh, and I scrapbook too!




I mention in my profile that I scrapbook. I love it. I've never thought of myself as the creative type, but I just fell in love with scrapbooking. I love pretty much everything about it. I love taking the pictures (although I must admit I'd love to take a class in photography!), love choosing the papers, embellishements and writing the journalling. More often than not, I'm creating pages for my babies. I hope one day they'll look back at their albums and see how much I love them and what my hopes, dreams, aspirations and fears for them are. I want them to see what even the most typical day was like for them. I hope one day they will really appreciate it.

If not, I'm ok with it because it gives me creative release. I can get lost in a layout for hours to get it just right. Sometimes, it takes only a half an hour to create the look I'm after. I like taking my time though. I usually spend too much time picking out papers. The two you see in this entry are of my twin boys. John's; the one on the top left, was a really quick layout. Simple and to the point. William's; the one on the bottom right, took days because of all the painting I did on it. Ok, it was really dots, but darn those things take a long time to put on paper! You can't see it in the scan of William's, but there are silver alphabet brads that say "You're All Mine".

Did I mention I adore paper. All kinds of paper. From the workhorse cardstock to the beautiful elegant patterned papers and everything in between. I have no preference. I love the whimsical, the symmetrical, the elegant, the bold, the silly....all of it! And I like to have large quantities in my room at all times. I think the day I use up all my paper will be a miracle. As I've told many of my friends...if you want to learn to scrapbook, come to my place, play with all my materials and see if you like it. It's likely what she uses will not even put a dent in my stash.

Obviously, I'm not all about paper, though. I love my inks, stamps, and paints as well. I also adore ribbon. Almost all the layouts I do have some bit of ribbon on them somewhere. I don't k now why I feel compelled to add ribbon, but I do. I also can't stop myself from buying it en masse sometimes! The scarey part is I went on this shopping frenzy last year for scrapbooking supplies and to be honest, I've bought very little in the last nine months. Just tells you how much I actually own. It's embarassing and so cool at the same time. I may not have much of the latest and greatest; although I do pick up some stuff here and there, but I do have all the things that make me feel creative and that I adore using. What could be better!?!

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

You do such beautiful work! I love the new pages of your boys! The photos that you chose are perfect, too! I hope you keep posting your work, I really enjoy seeing it!

~ Cyn