Thursday, January 25, 2007

Mail

Mail can be a wonderful thing. No, not the junk mail, the bills, the flyers. Sometimes, mail is great. I look forward to receiving my scrapbooking magazines once a month, a nice card from a friend and every so often, a package. Those are nice.

Yesterday and today I received the two best pieces of mail I have received in a really long time. I got home to a letter in the mail yesterday from the preschool we want to enroll the boys in. I wasn't too surprised to read that they had, indeed, been accepted! Yay! It's a wonderful program and I know that they'll get a lot out of being with other children their age. I especially think John will grow from being at preschool as he's very apprehensive about new situations. I hope this will make school an easier transition when the time comes.

Today, I got the second piece of happy mail. This time it was from the school we applied to for Maddy. It was nice and thick. I was about as excited to open this envelope as I was to open my admissions letters to university! I only read the first sentence before I yelped with glee: "It is with great joy that Monsignor John and I extend and offer of acceptance to Madeleine in the 2007-2008 Kindergarten class at St. Mary's School"! Honestly, I don't know if I got past the "with joy" part before the yelp emerged! LOL.

So, now I know where my child will go to school. I'm so excited and nervous for her. I'm sure she'll do great. Me, I'm not so sure how I'm going to feel when she really goes to school full time, every day. I am pretty sure I'll cry when she goes to school and she'll skip along with absolutely no qualms. That's just who she is. She's confident and self-assured. She makes friends very easily and is a natural born leader. I fear that she'll get on her teacher's nerves, though. She is quite chatty and can become easily distracted. She is a bit immature, but nothing so serious as to be worried about her not adjusting to Kindergarten.

Well there you have it. Mail=good. :)

2 comments:

Pam said...

Congratulations to your kiddos!!!!!

Jill said...

Congratulations!!