William's had to have a nebulizer treatment every 3-4 hours every day since March. It's been a long time. It's a pain in the neck to do, but you know what? He hasn't landed in the hospital AT ALL this Spring because of his asthma like he normally does. For that alone, it's totally worth the "pain" of getting him to sit for his treatments. He crys and whines and hates doing it. I don't blame him. I can't say I'd find doing this several times a day very exciting.
Apparently, it's not just a pain for me, it seems to be a pain for our sitter now as well. Again, I know what William can be like when he has to have his treatment. He's not a fun kid to be around. And she's been great about working with us to make sure he has his treatments, but she keeps suggesting he should go off of it.
Well, uh...I can't. Not until the end of June like his allergist told us. I swear, if I could take him off of it, I would. But, he's done SO well this year with his allergies, I worry that cutting him off too soon; mostly for my ease, will end up with him in the ER again strapped up to some breathing tubes getting his albuterol in that way and then getting a nice little handslap to go along with the crushing guilt that only a mother can feel when her offspring is sick and in the hospital.
She keeps insisting that he's doing so well that maybe we stop the treatments. I keep insisting back that he's doing so well because we're keeping up his treatments. It's such a circular argument and I'm getting tired of repeating it. It's not that she's mad about it, I truly think she feels so badly for William getting upset and really doesn't get how sick he can get and how quickly. Even though she has seen him at his worst last year, she's not his mother. She can't feel the same way about his treatments as I do.
So; hopefully the end of June will arrive soon so I can feel confident that the pollen count isn't going to affect my son's breathing and have my sitter not breathing down my neck to stop the treatments. June can't come to soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment