Monday, May 05, 2008

More Pictures From Québec


Our crazy kids "posing" in a thankfully, empty fountain before leaving.


Street performers.


Poutine. A French-Canadian delicacy: French fries topped with cheese curd and gravy. So.darn.good. Seriously. Good!


Québec as seen from the St. Lawrence River.


Lower Town Québec.





Quirky art on buildings in Lower Town Québec.






Québec parliament building.




Québec City at night. This is the 400th anniversary of the founding of Québec.



Graffiti Park. Graffiti artists are free to spray paint their art in this section of the city. Isn't it amazing what spray paint can produce? I'll take that over the nasty crap we get any day!


Stained glass window at Ste Anne de Beaupré.



Statue of Samuel de Champlain; founder of Québec.

3 comments:

Tanja said...

I have looked forward to your pictures all week, and they did not disappoint. I don't speak French, but now I wish I did. It looks beautiful up there. Reminds me a lot of Europe. Glad you're back safe and had no mishaps with the kids.

Miss French Jessica said...

Thanks, Tanja! We had a lovely time and while it's nice to know French, the town gets a lot of tourists so they need to be able to speak both French and English. I agree, it does remind me of Europe. I am always thrilled to return every 2 years with students. It doesn't ever seem to get old. Glad you enjoyed the photos! :D

Rachel said...

Great pictures! It looks like an amazing time. So glad it was fun :) (and I hope you're catching up on your zzzzz)