Friday, May 16, 2008

It's Official

I'm having an adult temper tantrum. I'm pissy and in an overall cruddy mood. No real reason for it; I just am.

Well, maybe there is a reason. I just feel like I'm in a huge rut. Go to work, drop Maddy off for school, work, work, work, go pick up Maddy from school, go get the boys, start homework, start dinner, eat, clean up dinner, pack lunches, make coffee for the morning, collapse on the couch and think about grading papers, grade a few and give up, watch some nonsense on t.v., get bored, go to bed....and start all over again the next day.

I'm tired. School's out in 18 days. Yay! Unfortuantely, I need to get through the next 18 days without becoming the biggest biotch on the planet. Not to mention I'd like a little more help with the daily grind than I get. I realize I'm home first, but seriously, I'd love some help cleaning up and I don't get that time "off" very often. I hate having to ask over and over again for help, so I don't. Then I get pissy.

Pissy isn't fun. Maybe tomorrow will be better. :S

2 comments:

Tanja said...

I'm a SAHM and still need more help at home at times. When I don't get everything done during the week, I make a list on Friday. Then on Saturday right after breakfast, every kid picks up their room so Dad can vacuume. Then there's about an hour of a flurry of activity. Kids take out all the trash and make sure toilet rolls are stocked in all bathrooms. Hubby and kids load/unload dishwasher and clean kitchen. All this while I do laundry and clean bathrooms. Then they all get out of the house while I mop and dust. The house gets presentable and I get help. My husband always says he's okay helping if I have a list for him that he can check off instead of me telling him one thing after another. Maybe you need one of these kinds of Saturdays!

FlipFlop Mom said...

well.. I know it's less than 18 days now til school gets out.. but I CRAVE those days!! Crazy.. huh?? LOL LOL...

I'm sorry you're feeling overwhelmed.. I understand!!! It WILL get better!! I promise